Implement a Green Transportation Program
WW Grainger had many numerous attempts to develop and implement a US Green Transportation Program with limited success. They decided they needed to expedite the process in order to achieve desired results in a timely manner.
- Grainger was looking for help to identify new operational strategies and tactics that would improve the environmental impact of its Distribution Centers.
- Grainger was interested in both the local and national perspective as they desired to improve community relationships as well as Grainger’s national image.
- The plan was to use the Mira Loma California DC as a beta platform for any newly identified procedures.
- Identify new operational strategies and tactics that would improve the environmental impact of the Mira Loma DC transportation operations.
- Improve community relationships as well as improve national image through green strategy plan implementation.
How WCL Consulting Helped
WCL Consulting conducted a Green Transportation SWOT Analysis to identify strengths and weaknesses in their Transportation Strategies in terms of carbon emission footprints.
WCL Consulting as part of the process benchmarked many of the Leaders Shippers and 3PLs’ Green Initiatives Programs in order to do the SWOT analysis.
WW Grainger used the WCL Consulting report to identify and implement more effective Green Transportation Strategies throughout their U.S. warehouse network.