Banning / Beaumont Warehouse Location Feasibility Study
Master Development Corp., is a developer and general contractor of industrial real estate facilities who was considering investing in land and developing a new industrial real estate park near Banning, California. They wanted a supply chain management consulting firm to conduct a warehouse location SWOT analysis of the Banning / Beaumont area to determine the competitiveness of the site.
How WCL Consulting Helped
WCL Consulting conducted a Warehouse Operations Logistics SWOT analysis of the potential site, and the competing warehouse locations of Mira Loma, Rialto, Redlands, Moreno Valley, and Perris, California. The components analyzed included:
- Degree of intramodal (within a specific mode) and intermodal (between different modes) transportation competition
- Identify outbound transportation services availability/capability
- Location to and mileage to key markets
- Inbound and outbound transportation costs comparison
- Balance or imbalance of freight
- Dependability / consistency of transportation services
- Shipment time-in-transit
- Ability to provide door-to-door service
- Flexibility by service providers
- Transportation infrastructure
- Residential development plans near D.C.
- Labor quality and quantity (High Level)
Master Development Corp. used the WCL Consulting report to help in their decision process on whether to make the large investment.