Southern California Warehousing Paths of Growth Roadmap
First Industrial Realty realized that in Southern California they were seeing the drivers of warehouse demand continually shifting, making it much more difficult to buy land, build an industrial real estate facility and make a good return. There were many critical questions which First Industrial Realty felt they should answer before they made major financial investments throughout Southern California.
How WCL Consulting Helped
First Industrial Realty outlined which competitors facilities/locations were likely competitors to their facility. WCL Consulting conducted a Warehouse Operations Logistics SWOT analysis of the Mira Loma, Ontario, Perris, Moreno Valley, Victorville, Lancaster/Palmdale, Redlands, and Beaumont. Elements analyzed include the following:
- Inbound and outbound transportation costs comparison
- Balance or imbalance of freight
- Dependability / consistency of transportation services
- Shipment time-in-transit
- Ability to provide door-to-door service
- Flexibility by service providers
- Transportation infrastructure
- Residential development plans near D.C.
- Labor quality and quantity (High Level)
First Industrial Realty Trust used to the WCL Warehousing Paths of Growth Roadmap to make their land and facility investments.