Harbor Drayage Operations Assessment
DHE Logistics Inc. (DHE), is a Southern California based 3PL service provider which offers international freight forwarding, harbor drayage, warehousing, over-the-road LTL and TL transportation, and air freight. During the last 3 – 4 years the Harbor Drayage Operation division had experienced loss of key managers and staff, delayed investment decisions in needed technology, deteriorating owner operator relations, and increasing service complaints from customers.
How WCL Consulting Helped
Part 1: Personnel Assessment Interview Questions
- What are the strengths of the operation?
- What are the weaknesses of the operation?
- Why do you feel owner operators have left in the past?
- What would cause office / administrative people to leave?
- What are frequent complaints heard from owner operators?
- What are frequent complaints heard from customers?
- How helpful is the FreightData system?
- What things about the operation prevent you from doing your job?
- In your opinion what causes most service failures with customers?
Part 2: Owner Operator Interview Questions
- What are the two biggest problems you have with the DHE Harbor Drayage Operations?
- If you could make one change, what would it be?
- Are there some spot & drop customer which are constant problems for drivers? What is the specific problem?
- DHE feels that they could grow the business if they could recruit more owner operators. Why are owner operators not coming to DHE?
WCL Consulting and DHE Logistics developed a specific action plan which dramatically improved and strengthened the Harbor Drayage Operations Division.