Southern California Warehouse Location Competitive Analysis
CBRE – Investors, one of the world’s largest industrial real estate investment management firms, was challenged with the weak economy to identify creative methods to more effectively market their warehouse facilities. In collaboration with the brokerage partner, they decided to have WCL Consulting develop logistics components profiles of each facility.
How WCL Consulting Helped
WCL Consulting conducted a Warehouse Operations Logistics SWOT analysis of their warehouse locations in comparison to facilities in Mira Loma, Rialto, Redlands, Moreno Valley, and Perris, California. The components analyzed included:
- Degree of intramodal (within a specific mode) and intermodal (between different modes) transportation competition
- Identify outbound transportation services availability/capability
- Location to and mileage to key markets
- Inbound and outbound transportation costs comparison
- Balance or imbalance of freight
- Dependability / consistency of transportation services
- Shipment time-in-transit
- Ability to provide door-to-door service
- Flexibility by service providers
- Transportation infrastructure
- Residential development plans near D.C.
- Labor quality and quantity (High Level)
CBRE – Investors in collaboration with their brokerage partners used the WCL Consulting report to help tell a more compelling story why potential tenants should pick their facilities over the competition.